To our loyal customers, As the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) dominates the headlines, we wanted to send a note to let you know that we are thinking about ways to ensure your family and our team stays safe and healthy. We also wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your willingness to work with us as we navigate the many challenges facing our business in such an unprecedented time. Like you, the health and wellbeing of those around us is our top priority. As a team, we are implementing the following policies in order to better service the greater San Antonio and Corpus Christi areas while also minimizing the risk of infection:
- Encouraging our technicians to wear gloves and/or wash their hands and use hand sanitizer before and after working in a customer’s home.
- Encouraging our technicians to refrain from shaking a customers hand, and to make an effort to stay at least six feet away from others in the home per CDC recommendations
- Encouraging our technicians to disinfect their work space as much as possible before and after working on a customer’s appliance
- Encouraging our technicians and office staff to self-quarantine if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19 and to work from home if at all possible to reduce the risk of infection from coworker to coworker, as per CDC recommendations
- Encouraging our technicians to notify our office staff if any of their customers are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 before working on an appliance to reduce the risk of infection from customer to technician and, subsequently, to other customers in the San Antonio area. We ask for your understanding if we reschedule a call for our technicians safety. We assure you we will be happy to return as soon as possible once it is safe.
- Due to the virus having an incubation period of 14 days where one can be showing no symptoms, but still spread the virus unknowingly, we are asking our technicians, office staff, and customers to be aware of their surroundings and minimize the risk of infection as much as we possibly can. There is little we can do without seeing symptoms, but with this, we are asking our customers and technicians to keep us informed and reschedule their call if they are exhibiting symptoms. Again, we will be happy to reschedule our customers as soon as possible once it is safe.
As our technicians go into multiple homes every day, we are doing everything in our power to keep running calls without spreading the virus and this can only be achieved by all of us working together. We currently have no plans to close our doors, and will keep working vigilantly to service the greater San Antonio and Corpus Christi areas.
We are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as monitoring recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), the City of San Antonio, and Whirlpool Corporation, to help keep our communities safe and informed.
If you have any questions at all regarding COVID-19 and what we are doing to keep you and your family safe, please feel free to reach out to our office staff and we will be happy to keep you informed. If you have questions regarding COVID-19 in general, the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District has opened a COVID-19 hotline for residents to ask questions about the virus. The hotline is available in English and Spanish. Residents can call 210-207-5779. (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) Information for the public is also available at www.sanantonio.gov/health/2019ncoronavirus.